Monday 26 March 2012

Art of the Title Sequence


28 weeks later - Traditional Film Opening.



28 weeks later is a film that opens with a traditional opening. I enjoyed this film, as I saw it on T.V. When I first went to watch it, I wasn't planning on doing so, as I just stumbled upon it. The opening successfully pulled me, as a viewer, in to the movie.

It follows the conventions of a traditional openings because the clips are longer in length and the titles separate the clips, while some are on top of the action. The camera angles are also straight on, rather than at various positions as in stylised openings.

The music in the opening isn't very complex but adds enough to enhance the mood and set up the thriller movie. The editing is mostly between the titles and the clips, and the mise en scene clearly shows the viewer that the movie will be a thriller.

The lighting is dark to accompany the music and mise en scene in setting the mood as a thriller so that the viewer will be expecting what they're going to see, and as in my case when I first began to watch the film, the mixture of these elements made it intriguing and interesting, causing me to want to continue watching the movie, and showing that a traditional film opening for this movie succeeded in attracting it's audience through the art of title sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment