Friday 30 March 2012

Evaluation - Question 5 (Part 1)


Q5
Interviewer name: Amber Ryder
Interviewee name: Orrie Jimack
Interviewee age: Sixteen
Interviewee gender: Female


As one can see I have interviewed my best friend Orrie after she watched our film opening 'Lucid'.
I asked her a variety of questions ranging from generally what she thought of it to more in-depth questions such as 'what was the music like' and 'what did you think of the location'. I wanted to ask these types of questions so that I could understand clearly what my target audience thought of our opening, I didn't want a short answer just saying briefly what she thought, therefore I pushed her for in-depth answers which she gave concisely. I am now able to understand properly what aspects of my opening appealed to my target audience thanks to this in-depth interview I have had. Orrie was aged sixteen, this fits into my target audience age range as our opening was rated a 15. I expected people between 15-21 to be interested in our film because it is not appropriate for anyone under that age of 15 because it contains extreme violence and killing scenes which can scare younger children. Orrie is a female and she enjoyed the opening, she said 'personally I am a teenager so I like action films' this shows that in general she is attracted to action films and therefore the genre of our opening appeals to teenagers. I want our opening to be suspenseful and creepy which Orrie thinks was created well as she says 'The music gave me goosebumps and chills' therefore this reiterates to me that we have done a good job with our music in general to create tension and suspense like I aimed to do. I enjoyed interviewing Orrie and her feedback was very helpful for me to understand what we have done well and what attracts the audience to our opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment