Friday 9 March 2012

Film openings that have inspired me



Above is an embedded video of the opening of a film called "Deja vu". I have focused on the first 3 minutes of this title sequence as the whole video is 10 minutes long and it is not necessary to analyse the full 10 minutes as the titles are only shown with in the first 3 minutes. I think that this length of time is  good for a title sequence as it is not to long and not to short and it enables the audience to get ready and be in the mind set for the film to start. I would like our film opening to perhaps be around the length of 3 minutes as well.
I like this film opening because the titles appear on the screen over the footage as it plays and they are written in a clear legible font. This is how I would like our film opening to be like because I feel that he footage should play along so the audience don't get board and the titles should come on top of it. In this title sequence the names of the cast are shown on screen as the characters appear and i think this is a very good thing to do so we know who the characters are. This is something we could consider putting in our film opening as it is a great way to introduce a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment